With millions of app out there it is difficult to make your space in the competitive mobile app landscape. Most of the apps fail just after launch. But it is very important to understand why mobile apps fail. Here we will talk about the top 6 reasons why mobile apps fail.
Poor Market Research
Proper market research is the backbone of a mobile app, software, or any digital product. Understanding the niche-specific target audience and behavior is the first step of building a successful mobile app.
It is okay to think and believe that your concept is great. You may also be confident about its success. But that is entirely your perception. Many people ignore the necessity of market research and target audience survey. And that eventually become one of the main reason behind an app’s failure.
Here’s a guideline on market research:
- Build a community before launching your app.
- Feel free to ask your existing customers about their opinions, suggestions, and feedback.
- You can do it in a simple way, like creating a social media poll or forwarding a survey file via mail. Interacting with your target audience is very important.
- Carefully follow the rise and fall of the apps. To do that, ask your followers and subscribers about the limitations of your competitors.
- Create a graph based on the survey result. Shared the data with all the departments involved in making the mobile app.
- The final stage is to create a basic yet functioning app and asking for feedback from a small group of people. It is a kind of trial. You will get scope and time to rectify the errors before the final run.
Not enough reviews
Many developer companies do not care about reviews and ratings. Well, that is what gives you real-time insight into the performance of your app. The users may need guidance or even may add a valuable suggestion. As a developer, a company should always take all the feedback seriously and reply to the users.
They are investing their valuable time to write a review. Respect their initiative and let them feel like a part of the community. Apart from that, many users may have some particular queries as well.
Now, let’s talk about ratings. Guess you are searching for a health app. 10 different apps appeared on the search result. Which one will you choose? Here comes one major factor of user behavior; most of the people download the apps with the highest ratings. Because they feel if others are liking it, then there must be enough reason behind that.
So if someone ignores the ratings and reviews, then in no time that app will fail.
Poor User Experience
The millennial can’t wait for a mobile app to be loaded. They can hardly wait for a few seconds. So if your mobile app is unable to cope up with the speed of this generation, then it will definitely fail.
Users do not want to wait. They will search for an alternative and delete the time-consuming app soon after downloading it. That is why test-run is so essential. Because once your users are convinced about the shortcoming of your app, it is not easy to regain their trust again.
Do you know most of the mobile apps experience severe performance disputes? Sometimes one software bug can ruin your app. Users will not tolerate any flawed app. This mostly happens because of the bugs or coding malfunctions. If they remain unaddressed, then gradually people will stop using it. Testing a mobile app is an essential part of the development process.
Try testing your app through real-life users. Automated testing tool can never deliver the same result.
Apart from rectifying the coding glitches, try to find issues concerning loading time, navigation, UX, etc.
Always go for the right app testing process. A vast middle-of-the-road apps experience crashes because of ignoring this essential thing.
Lack of Pre-Launch Campaign
The lack of pre-launch campaign can be considered as one of the significant reason behind mobile app failure. If you take the launch lightly, then it can affect the entire life cycle of your mobile app. There no logic behind launching a mobile app without a buzz. People need to know that an app like that actually exists.
Here are some tips that can help you:
- If your mobile app is ready, then create a countdown pre-launch excitement and announce the date.
- Gradually unfold the USPs of your mobile app.
- Use social media like a pro and involve the influencers of your niches.
- Publicize the launch event and create a multi-channel promotion.
Choosing the Wrong Platform
The choice of platform can make a lot of difference in success or failure of the app. You much choose the platform based on your target market audience. If most of your target customers are on Android, it does not make sense to spend precious resources on iPhone app. You can check out our guide to choose the right platform.
Do you think you have ignored any of the steps mentioned above? Then take action and rectify that. It is always better late than never. You can contact us if you need help in any of these things.